Personalized Chef Aprons and More!
1. Sprinkle cinnamon and cloves over apricots and prunes; toss to coat.
2. Stuff fruit lengthwise between the 2 pieces of pork
roast in ribbon about 2 inches wide (work from both ends of roast).
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oven to 325F. Place pork, fat side up, on rack
in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so tip is in center
of thickest part of pork and does not rest in fat or fruit mixture. Roast uncovered until thermometer registers 170F, about 3 hours.
4. After 1-1/2 hours, brush occasionally with 1/4 cup of the apple cider.
5. Remove pork and rack from pan; keep pork warm. Pour
remaining cider into roasting pan; stir to loosen brown particles.
Mix cornstarch and water; stir into cider mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve with pork.
Per Serving: 293 Calories; 14g Fat (46.4% calories from
fat); 28g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate;
1g Dietary Fiber; 79mg Cholesterol; 194mg Sodium.