1. Build a fire in your grill, leaving about 1/3 of grill free of coals.
2. Mix butter and molasses together well. Add lime and
set aside. Rubcut side of
peaches with oil.
3. Sprinkle chops and peaches generously with salt and
pepper. When coals are
covered with gray ash and fire is hot (you can hold your hand 5 inches above coals
for only 1 to 2 seconds), put chops on grill directly over coals. Put peaches on grill
along edge of coals.
4. After 4 minutes, flip chops and cook for 4 minutes
more, then move chops to part
of grill with no coals. Cover them with a disposable foil pan, and continue to cook for
8 to 10 minutes more for medium.
5. When you move chops, flip peaches over. During last
2 minutes of cooking, coat
peaches liberally with molasses-butter mixture. Remove from grill and serve.