Personalized Chef Aprons and More!
1. Allow lamb to come to room temperature. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Process mint and parsley leaves in a food processor
until finely chopped. Scrape
down side of processor. Add gherkins and capers, and process to combine.
3. With processor on, pour oil down funnel. Add vinegar
and sugar, and season with
salt and pepper.
4. Use the tip of a small sharp knife to score lamb fat,
drawing diagonal lines in a
diamond pattern at 1-inch intervals. Just break surface of fat and don't go into meat.
Using a pastry brush or your fingers, paint fat with a coating of mint salsa, saving the
rest to serve with the lamb.
5. Place racks of lamb in a roasting pan and cook about
35 minutes or until an instant-read
thermometer reads 130 degrees for medium rare.
Yield: 6 servings.