Personalized Chef Aprons and More!
For the topping:
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ounces chocolate, melted and cooled
Approximately 1 cup small candy eggs like robin's eggs.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9-inch
springform cake pan with
2. For the cake: Stir butter into chocolate and let cool.
Whisk 4 egg whites until foamy.
Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and whisk until whites hold their shape but are not too
3. Whisk 2 whole eggs and 4 egg yolks with 1/3 cup
of sugar and vanilla until combined.
Stir in chocolate to mix.
4. In three additions, fold whites into chocolate mixture.
Pour into prepared pan and bake
for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake rises, cracks and center is no longer wobbly.
5. Cool cake on a wire rack; middle will sink and the
sides will crack. Carefully remove
cake from pan and place it on serving plate.
6. For icing, whip cream with vanilla until it is firm
but not stiff. Fold in melted chocolate.
Fill top of cake with icing, easing it out gently toward edges. Arrange Easter eggs on top.
Yield: 6 servings.