1. Build a fire in your grill, leaving about 1/3
of grill free of coals. Rub fillets with
1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
2. When coals are covered with gray ash and fire is medium
(you can hold your hand
5 inches above coals for 3 to 4 seconds), put chourico on grill cut-side down, just along
edge of coals. Put remaining oil and the garlic in a disposable foil pan and place on grill
over part with no coals. Stir occasionally so garlic does not burn.
3. Put fish fillets on grill flesh-side down, directly
over coals. Put clams on grill directly
4. As clams open, place them in the pan with the oil and
garlic. When chourico is nicely
seared (about 5 minutes), place it in same pan. After 5 minutes, flip fish and continue to
cook for another 5 minutes, or until it is opaque throughout.
5. Add tomatoes and wine to pan, season with salt and
pepper, and move pan directly
over coals; continue to cook for 2 minutes.
6. Halve each piece of chourico crosswise. Divide clams,
chourico and fish among four
shallow bowls, squeeze lemon over top and sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings